Tuesday 12 May 2015

'After The Storm' - Chapter Twenty-Six



  



  
   
     Akeem's eyes lit up with admiration when he picked her up that friday evening. "You look stunning" He told her softly.
     His gaze lingered on the necklace around her neck for a few seconds before moving back to her face and although he said nothing about the necklace, she could see he was pleased that she had worn it. He didn't tell her where he was taking her but from the landmarks, she guessed where they were going and as they got closer, she was proved right. It had been one of their favorite places when they were together and they had spent many beautiful moments together there. The look in his eyes as he held out his arm to her when he opened the door for her made her know he was remembering those times too.
     They were led to the table he had reserved for them, a waiter handed them menus and withdrew discreetly after taking their orders for drinks.
  "What are you having?" She asked him.
  "I 'm sure you can order for me" He smiled.
    He was right. She knew what he liked. Akeem rarely ate naughty things like she did. He ate healthy, probably a fall out of his mother's heart condition and growing up around her careful dietary needs.
  He closed his menu "Let's do it this way, order for both of us and I will add anything else I feel you missed" 
     She looked thorough it and picked out the starters, main course and desserts for him and then picked hers.
  He laughed softly when she was done "You still remember, and now let me add something you forgot....for yourself" He took the menu from her and ordered mousse au chocolat for her "I know your sweet tooth and that other dessert you chose does not sound like you"
  She giggled "I 'm trying to be good these days and not take my body for granted"
  "You’re beautiful the way you are, but anyway I won't mind you adding on a dress size"
  "No way!"
  "But I don't see any sign of weight gain anywhere. You look beautiful and you’ll always be that to me"
     The look in his eyes was tender as they met hers. Their gaze held and neither seemed able to look away. The waiter coming back to take their orders broke the spell.
  "How did it go with your customers yesterday?" He asked her when the waiter had left with their orders.
     She laughed. She had told him about some new diva- like clients that had come to her store over the past two weeks and how she had been dealing with their antics. He laughed about the funny things she told him. They talked about his work. Things were going very well with Ka-tell. She knew about that anyway. Ka-Tell always had raving reviews in the media. It was practically a household name as they had been well received by the public who were eager to finally get a relaible network.
  "You’ve really done well, Akeem" She told him "Even the toughest critics have given Ka-Tell excellent scores" 
  "I 'm thankful the way things have worked out"   
  "So what other new plans do you have now that  Ka-Tell is running smoothly?"
  "New plans?" He laughed, raising his brow at her "Don't you think I need to take a long break off work?"
  "I know you always have something cooking" She lowered her voice conspiratorially "So tell me your new plan. I promise not to steal your ideas"
  "I don't trust you" He teased "But you can come into partnership with me, then I won't have to worry about that"
  "Hmmm....that will be something, tell me, what will it cost me?"
  He lowered his voice "Nothing you can't afford, dinner and breakfast with me every day. An occasional massage thrown in, easy stuff like that. You should be able to handle it"
  She pretended to consider it and then frowned "And just for that, I become your business partner?"
  He nodded "And co-signatory to all my accounts and anything else you'd like added to it"
  "Sounds too good to be true. We 'll need to sign contracts before I take you seriously”
  He leaned forward slightly “I 'm ready to sign it tonight if you are game"
  Yemi looked at him solemnly "Not signing till I speak with my lawyer but anyway, those specs of your's don't even sound professional, what are you looking for? Partner or mistress?"
  "A live-in mistress"
  She pretended to consider it "All right......Mistress it is then but not live-in, that would spoil all the fun"
  He shook his head, a wolfish gleam in his eyes. "Nah.....This guy needs his mistress permanently under his roof"
  They continued their banter, flirting with each other and laughing over silly jokes. It was like old times. They had never had a shortage of things to talk about. Somehow they talked and kept talking.
     When he suggested they take a walk along the pier at the back of the restaurant after their dinner, she was more than happy to go with him.
     The night looked fairy-tale like as they walked along. The soft blue light from the full moon bathed the pier and they could see the bright city lights of the town across the river, gleaming like little diamonds. A light breeze whispered along, rustling the leaves of the trees nearby and keeping the night from being too warm.
     They strolled along the pier for a little while and then stood by the railings and looked over the bridge.Yemi was lost in the sights and sounds of the scenery before her.
  "This is so beautiful" She said in an awed voice after a while.
  "Very beautiful" He replied quietly.
     She glanced towards him; he was looking at her face and not at the water. He took her hand in his and just kept looking at her without saying anything.
 "What?" She asked feeling slightly self conscious.
 "Just thinking...." He said quietly "Remembering us..."




© Osaradeyemi.blogspot 2013

All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, recording or any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from osaradeyemi.blogspot.

9 comments:

Jumoke said...

Oh yeah very special..... And I know someone else who is feeling special too, maybe It's Akeem or Yemi? Awesome, they are back together. I would have loved that yemi took things slower, isn't it too early spending two nights?

There are still a lot of issues to be considered. Allowing Emotions come into play at this time is a little too early. knowing fully well that if not managed well they blindfold and important issues might not be discussed. They might just pop up again in future.

I hope yemi gets pregnant, now that will be real cool. Well done ma. Am not oliver twist I would have asked when the next chapter is coming. oops I already asked. lol, should I be expectant or should I be singing "I don't mind waiting, I don't mind waiting? hehehe

Adenike said...

I was just smilereading from beginning to end hoping that d chapter would be longer than usual*lols* ..... Am glad that they are taken their relationship to another level....Fola d bad boy now a born again; God's way of bringing people to himself. I enjoyed reading..... grace n wisdom to write n post more

Adenike said...

Oh sorry It was femi she saw @ karina's church not fola...

Unknown said...

Thanks a million Osar for the post. I shouted 'Yipee' in excitment when I noticed you had posted another chapter. Those around me were wondering what the excitment was all about(lol). I am loving the way Yemi & Akeem are bonding back together, I am positive it will bring about a total reconciliation and of course a bouncing baby boy. *wink*
Good to know that Femi is now born again too. And I prophecy that he will find Fayona as a good wife ooooo.(Amen somebody)
Osar, well done on the new look of your blog. Your star will keep shining IJMN. Amen.

Anonymous said...

i just did not want the episode to finish..Thanks Osar for this wonderful write up....Patiently chilling for the remaining two...God bless you loads..

Adenike said...

Lol@ femi finding fayona; u must be very good at matchingmaking people but it will be very nice if it happens. @oladuni I agree with u, I sincerely do not want yemi n akeem's episode to end, It's been interesting all the way however I trust we would also find fayona's episode enjoyable .

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed this..things are slowly falling in place... I don't blame Yemi for staying over...she's Probably enjoying the attention...

Unknown said...

Oh! Thanks dear Osar, i'd sincerely appreciate that. When do we expect it to be out tho?

Unknown said...

I can't really give an estimated time of completion just yet but send me your email address and I'll keep you posted.
Stay blessed.